Sunday, February 24, 2013

Visiting Friends

This week Ryan and I got to take separate "friend vacations".  He went to Vegas and Utah for some skiing with his Academy friends, and Dagny and I went to Tucson to visit Liesel and Ellie.

We had a great time taking the girls to Ellie's library story time, movers and shakers class, and the zoo. By the end of the week though, Liesel and I were a little burnt out on our parental responsibilities without the help of the husbands (especially after an extremely stressful trip to IKEA).  We treated ourselves to a baby sitter and had a nice mom date going shopping, out to dinner, and to gelato for dessert!  We ended our vacation with a second stop to the Good Egg, an amazing breakfast restaurant in Tucson.  Liesel and Ellie let Dagny open a few pre-birthday gifts there which really made her day.  I was so impressed with Dagny the whole week.  She was such a good traveler on the plane, played well with Ellie, and we didn't have too many melt-downs during the vacation.  She really does seem to be growing up to be a "big girl" :)























No comments:

Post a Comment